I might be among the oldest generation to be able to say “I’ve been using computers since I was a kid.” We got a Commodore 64 in 1984 and our first “IBM-compatible” in 1993.
As you might imagine, the span of time since then includes a huge range of hardware, software, Operating Systems and peripherals. So, I plan to use this space to organize and collect all of the official jobs I’ve had/done. Please contact me to request a current resume.
Remote Support Specialist
The RAND Corporation – Pittsburgh, PA
March 2012 – Present
- Providing first-line remote technical support for Global end-users
- Supporting Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Mac OSX 10.5-10.10
Lead Helpdesk Technician
RJ Lee Group, Inc. – Monroeville, PA
August 2008 – March 2011
- Helpdesk Tier III for 250 end-user company (at times the only technician in-house)
- OS ranging from WinNT through Windows 7, support of Office 2003 through 2010
- Implementation of Active Directory at the Domain Controller level for all new and existing users.
- Server Maintenance across company, Windows 2000 through Server 2008, including basic SQL Administration
- Maintenance of IPOffice Phone systems, handled all Move/Add/Change adjustments
- Handled regular Backup Duties and Maintenance, BackupExec on Quantum SuperLoaders
- Lead for Telecommunications Upgrade Project
Cable Puller/Network Installer
Advent Communication Systems – Pittsburgh, PA
- Worked with Advent at several locations around the Pittsburgh area.
- Pulling pre-existing CAT5 network and running new Network IP and VOIP cabling.
- Punching down new terminals for use.
Theater Office System & Network Administrator
Open Stage Theatre – Pittsburgh, PA
December, 2006 – October, 2007
- Maintained the Computer systems for the offices of The Open Stage Theatre.
- Networked small LAN (wired and wireless) for office use.
- Updated theater information throughout the season within the company website.
- Designed Flash Website
Systems & Network Administrator/Title Processor/Loan Closing Coordinator
Exclusive Settlement Services, Inc – Coraopolis, PA
June, 2001 – August, 2004
- Administration on a small (6 machine) network run on Windows NT 4.0.
- External Technical Support over the phone to help vendors with document retrieval, as well as Internal Training within the company.
- Gained and strengthened knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Seagate Crystal Reports.
- Built a strong administrative knowledge of SoftPro Real Estate database system, as an administrator, a developer and as a user.
- Greatly improved my communicative skills through the recruiting of abstracters and real estate closing agents.
ECS Tech – Educational Computing Services Technical Assistant
Allegheny College – Meadville, PA
May, 2000 – September, 2000
- Worked within Allegheny College Computing Services under the ECS wing, which specializes in the educational merits of computers and software across campus, and works as a liaison between the college faculty and the rest of computing services.
- Installed software and hardware for college faculty, beta-tested e-learning services, and developed additions and updates for the Allegheny College website.
- Gained support experience working with a large, campus-wide computer network.
- O/S: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, ME, NT4, 98SE, 98, 95, 3.1.1, 3.1, MacOSX, Unix, Linux, BeOS
- Desktop: Microsoft Office, Sun OpenOffice.org, Google Office
- Design: SketchUp, GIMP, Inkscape, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Business Objects Crystal Reports, Digidesign Pro Tools, Blender, Sony Vegas Pro, DVD Architect, Sound Forge, Steinberg Cubase
- Computer Support – have done many repairs, fluent with computer hardware, software and the installation of both.
- Data Entry Speed: 75 wpm (76 wpm, 99% accuracy); N 13,780ksph, A/N 15,060ksph, A 16,560ksph
- Desktop Office Work – have held various clerical and/or technical positions since 1996.
- Computer Music – fluent in most software and hardware involved with computerized music.